Doesnt Afraid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doesnt Afraid

_dA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whats up w/ the tour?

Go down 
3 posters

Will Lance win an 8th Tour De France?
Yes
Whats up w/ the tour? I_vote_lcap100%Whats up w/ the tour? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
No
Whats up w/ the tour? I_vote_lcap0%Whats up w/ the tour? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Whats the Tour de France
Whats up w/ the tour? I_vote_lcap0%Whats up w/ the tour? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
JonMcain

JonMcain

Whats up w/ the tour? Empty
PostSubject: Whats up w/ the tour?   Whats up w/ the tour? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 9:34 pm

Lance has been retired from cycling for 4 years. No other cyclist has ever won more than 5 GC tour victories (fastest overall time). After and easy first week he is in 3rd place only 8 seconds back. Can the 37 year old fossil pull it off again(dam he's even older than I am)?

Just in case u were thinking cycling is a sissy sport...it fkn hurts wen u hit a guard rail descending a mountain pass at 80+ km/hr.

Even after bad crash like some of these riders have to jump back on a bike right away. There is no time for real medical attention, so many riders have had to ride for several weeks w/ serious injuries like a broken wrist or collar bone to stay in the race. LMAO at the clueless dog crash
Back to top Go down
Stery

Stery

PostSubject: Re: Whats up w/ the tour?   Whats up w/ the tour? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 4:12 am

1:16 LAWL
Loved the dog one
Back to top Go down
JonMcain

JonMcain

PostSubject: Re: Whats up w/ the tour?   Whats up w/ the tour? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:59 pm

well..half way thru the tour now and Lance still sitting in there 3rd place.

I cant believe this is a game..im getting it

http://focus.gamesplanet.com/game-Pro-Cycling-Manager-2009.html?affilie=ASO
Back to top Go down
SheFakedIt

SheFakedIt

PostSubject: Re: Whats up w/ the tour?   Whats up w/ the tour? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:15 pm

Dude I only recently started watching the tour de France, they were doing a recap on Lances victories in the past and thats what peaked my interest. I knew he was a badass before but i never really cared since i never saw him in action.

But after seeing that, all I gotta say that is that guy is a freakin machine....shit cancer couldnt even stop that guy.
Back to top Go down
JonMcain

JonMcain

PostSubject: Re: Whats up w/ the tour?   Whats up w/ the tour? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:01 am

You might like his book 'Its not about the Bike'

Surprisingly cancer is a major reason he is so dominant in the Tour (if not THE reason). Before cancer he was a much beefier guy, lotsof muscle mass. He was too heavy to be a serious climber in the mountain stages.

It takes a certain physique to win the tour. After the cancer he could completely rebuild to be a tour specific rider and had the best coaching/support available. He lost a ton of weight/muscle but still had a lot of power, so his Power to Wieght ratio went up. He could kill ppl in the mountains and still win the time trials. They used to give Time bonuses to ppl who won the timetrials so that was huge for him to be able to get those, but not anymore.

Others would say the suffering endured during the tour pales in comparison to the endless hours of suffering from chemo treatments, so wen it comes time for the pain on the bike he can endure more, is able to stay more focused on the tour year round.

It was awesome watching him beat the shit out of everyone especially in those first years where he wins by 10mins even against some big riders like Jan ulrich, marco pantani...He just hasnt had to face anyone of that stature recently. LOL this year all the competition seems to be on his own team.
Back to top Go down
SheFakedIt

SheFakedIt

PostSubject: Re: Whats up w/ the tour?   Whats up w/ the tour? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 8:32 am

You mentioned most of his competition is on the same team. I remember hearing from a friend that one of his team mates was angry because he was expected to be the guy to win the tour. but now that lance is here things are going to be different...well unless Lance gives it to the other guy..dunno his name heheh
Back to top Go down
JonMcain

JonMcain

PostSubject: Re: Whats up w/ the tour?   Whats up w/ the tour? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:19 pm

yes..alberto contador, he is ahead of lance by 2 seconds and has had some pretty good results in the past. There's 3 grand tours, Giro d'italia, Tour de france, and Veulta Espana. He won the tour in 07', and the Giro/Veulta in 08'.

I just wonder what kind of agreements had to be made to be on Lance's team. Your basically there to support him. If you didn't want to do that find another team. It'll be fun to find out how this plays out.
Back to top Go down
JonMcain

JonMcain

PostSubject: Re: Whats up w/ the tour?   Whats up w/ the tour? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 8:16 pm

Well an epic day in the mountains and Lance finally admits he doesn't have what it takes to win.

Lance gives a nice post race interview after stage 15. You can tell even tho the pedaling is over for the day he's still trying to catch his breath. Find it at versus.com

http://www.versus.com/tdfstage15
Back to top Go down
SheFakedIt

SheFakedIt

PostSubject: Re: Whats up w/ the tour?   Whats up w/ the tour? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:09 pm

Man just caught up on that stage, pretty crazy. Well its not over yet like they said. Hope something epic happens in the next couple stages.

Lance is so humble in that interview, then again why wouldnt ya be if you won 7 times in a row Razz
Back to top Go down
JonMcain

JonMcain

PostSubject: Re: Whats up w/ the tour?   Whats up w/ the tour? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:10 pm

Well it looks like Alberto Contador is sitting comfortably with his 5+ minute lead, and only 3 stages left to go. Lance and 5 others are in a close battle for the remaining podium spots however.

Tomorrow is pretty flat overall, and there shouldn't be any changes to the overall standings, but stage 20 contains the infamous Mt.Ventoux. 1800m's of climbing and steep 10%, add in 90+km/hr winds nearing the top makes for a mean finish to the 168km stage. In 1967 Tom Simpson died on the slopes of the Ventoux when his heart gave out. Others have been blown off the mountain from the strong winds.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/78/Mont_Ventoux.JPG

Based on his performance this tour...Unless Lance can throw down some magic I'm expecting he will be left out of the podium finishers.

LANCE IN 2000

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats up w/ the tour?   Whats up w/ the tour? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats up w/ the tour?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doesnt Afraid :: General Shit :: General Shit-
Jump to: