_dA

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

K/D .. SO FUCKING WHAT?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Australia

PostSubject: K/D .. SO FUCKING WHAT?   Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:20 pm

I discovered this article and it really has a point....

Saying the K/D doesn't matter is like saying the win/lose of a sports team or a prize fighter doesn't matter...

If you put a 15-1 boxer with a 1-15 boxer in the same class, it's not 100% true that the 15-1 boxer will win this exact match, but if you fight best of 10, I would say the 15-1 boxer should win more often.

Same if you put 2 sports teams together. It's probability. You put a 10-1 NFL football team against a 4-7, you're guessing there's a good chance the 10-1 will win. Sometimes not, but generally there are reasons a team wins more and those reason are likely to help the team win again.

There are equations and estimates for this for betting. From sports teams, to prize fighting, to horse racing, even to poker.

K/D is our win/lose record in Combat Arms. Especially if you play Elimination or One Man Army. Hard to say if you play Capture the Flag but it does give a hint. Everytime you go toe to toe with another player, it's a match. If you win more matches then you lose, one can assume you're likely to win more often, so by that, we can infer that you're good. Doesn't mean you might not get pwnd 10 straight times without a single kill, it also won't predict exactly what will happen on the very next encounter. But on average, and the K/D is the mathematical average, gives us a clue how likely you are to win. Put a player with a 1.8 K/D to play 1 on 1 with another player with a 1.0 K/D, it's not unreasonable to expect an outcome of 30 kills and 16 deaths for the 1.8. Will it be exact? Probably not. But on the flip side, you definitely wouldn't expect the 1.0 K/D to pwn the 1.8 K/D with 30 kills to 16 deaths.

So will n00bs get to kill elite players at times. OF COURSE! But really pwning an elite in a best of 100, I doubt it...

A questionable issue is if a player always plays with elites and has a k/d of 1. That's a k/d of 1 while playing players with 2+ k/ds. Then that means that player's skill is underrepresented by the K/D alone since you are even with elites. But that's so rare that it's a non issue since you can't organize rooms with all 2+ K/D players only and constantly so all you > 1 k/ds claiming you pwnd elites, please, you're just overcelebrating a lucky kill. Come on, the math doesn't lie.

So K/D is just a mathematical predictor. It's not a god to pray to. It's not something that will make you mad $$$ or make you likeable at a party. You can just tell, "That person wins a lot" or "That person gets pwnd a lot" so you can take a guess who might do well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gulliblefags.com
JonMcain

PostSubject: Re: K/D .. SO FUCKING WHAT?   Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:15 am

my guess is the dude that wrote that has a high K/D and hedges a lot of their self worth on it as well, so they felt the need to go out and write an essay on it. There's a lot of great ppl that play CA, but just as many egomaniacs...to whom CA is life and winning is everything no matter what.

Comparing CA to Football or any serious competitive venue is a bit ridiculous. There are a few MAJOR differences. There's so much bullshit that goes on in CA. Lag, the fkd up client, no reg...do I need to mention HACKS?? In sport you have organized leagues and teams cannot compete free for all across divisions or skill levels.

Major leagues teams do not verse Little Leagues, but in CA they do

You get to choose which rooms to play in where Footballers do not get to choose which teams they want to verse. You end up w/ all these players trying to jack up their K/D by noob pwning and they just leave the room if there's any sign of adversity. BEB is a perfect example of this by spending hours spawncamping noobs in SANDHOG...scores like 140-32 with half their players at like 45-3, or ppl w/ the elite mod kicking pro players. If this is a daily habit/playstyle it will affect K/D. In real sport this is known as Sandbagging. When I raced bikes there was a few races you could choose which category to race in. There was always some idiot that should be in the Pro class, but signs up to ride Beginner. Then ends up finishing an hour ahead of everyone in a 2 hour race.

He's scoring all the goals he needs to leave the field.

CA has the Elite moderator, and now the vote kick system. This just makes it easy to keep up a BEB spawn camp type of setup mentioned earlier. They aren't the only ones either. Other clans/independent players roll like that. Of course this is supposed to decrease abuses, but really everything that exists in CA is for Nexon to make $.

FALSE
Quote :

Saying the K/D doesn't matter is like saying the win/lose of a sports team or a prize fighter doesn't matter...

Point being the entire premise for that article is simplistic bull (rainbow text possibly indicates gayness as well, just an observation not hatin). It only works when the competition is known. In sports the numbers have meaning, because the competition is known (we can look up which 10 teams that 10-1 football team beat). CA is basically a free for all. It doesn't mean that all those with high or low K/D's are undeserving, but the context provides the meaning. I think this is why people say K/D is bullshit in and of itself.

As for me these are just a few things I think of when I see someones K/D
-players tendancy to challenge themselves
-how often they try, or fk around w/ CA
-connection speed/computer performance
-what kind of players they vs. against or play with
-skillz
-K/D .. SO FUCKING WHAT?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ledge-it
Admin

PostSubject: Re: K/D .. SO FUCKING WHAT?   Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:19 am

JON THANK U SO FUCKING MUCH!!

after i read that i was like, do i really wanna write 2-3 paragraphs on how stupid this guy is and why hes stupid and also even fucking stupid.. u dont know jon alex but he has been with us for a long time Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://doesntafraid.forumotion.net
Australia

PostSubject: Re: K/D .. SO FUCKING WHAT?   Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:51 am

thanks jon
Back to top Go down
Dopykill3r

PostSubject: Re: K/D .. SO FUCKING WHAT?   Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:12 am

Like Some guy could play noobs for the rest of his life and have a good kdr but when he gets in with the pros, hes gonna get it stuck to em, and all pros don't have that good of kdrs..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/stiffle0mister
Australia

PostSubject: Re: K/D .. SO FUCKING WHAT?   Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:01 am

Close subject?
Back to top Go down
JonMcain

PostSubject: Re: K/D .. SO FUCKING WHAT?   Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:38 am

There is some dude named Voodoo (sp??) with silver bars that has a KDR in the 3's but he aint that great and never seen him vsing anyone but noobs w/ his whole crew backing him up. I think its USA border patrol...or team border patrol. Some crap like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Australia

PostSubject: Re: K/D .. SO FUCKING WHAT?   Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:31 am

thats what we are talking about Smile
Back to top Go down
Australia

PostSubject: Re: K/D .. SO FUCKING WHAT?   Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:33 am

close?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K/D .. SO FUCKING WHAT?   

Back to top Go down

K/D .. SO FUCKING WHAT?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doesnt Afraid :: Combat Arms NO REG! :: All things CA - NON REGGING FKN SHIT!-
Jump to: